Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 2000 21:34:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        asmodai@wxs.nl (Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org, sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CAM layer

It seems Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
> Is there anybody working on getting the CAM layer a bit less
> SCSI-specific in order to easily fold ATA under it so that we have a
> common access method, which CAM should be?

I've played a bit with having the ATAPI part use CAM, but the results
was not encouraging, having ATA devices use CAM is a different animal
and would probably require significant changes to CAM.
Another thing is the binary bloat CAM would add to an ATA/ATAPI
only system, and that is probably the most significant issue in
the projects I work on currently...

So, thats some of the reasons this falls further and further down
on my TODO list...

-Søren