Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:50:59 -0700
From:      "John Van Boxtel" <jvb@whoowl.com>
To:        <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   APMIO Invalid Argument

First off, I want to say that pccardd is working great now on my T21 laptop
with the new system although maybe its not and that is what is causing my
new problem.

APM is not fully functional now and when I exit X windows after waking from
a suspend the screen stops responding (The computer is fine, I can ssh in
and see all the process, I can type on the laptops keyboard and see it
responding, just nothing shows on the screen except the rements of the X
session, switching to another virtual screen does not help).

 I have APM in the kernel like this:
device          apm0    at nexus? flags 0x20 # Advanced Power Management
and I am able to see battery life, but I can't get the computer to suspend
without using the bios keys Fn + F4 and I am
only getting around 2 hours of battery time (3 hours in windows).

And it seems that its detected fine, here is the dmesg:
Using $PIR table, 11 entries at 0xc00fdee0
apm0: <APM BIOS> on motherboard
apm: found APM BIOS v1.2, connected at v1.2
chip1: <Intel 82371AB Power management controller> port 0x1040-0x104f at
device
7.3 on pci0

This is what I get when I try to suspend:
black# zzz
zzz: ioctl(APMIO_SUSPEND): Invalid argument

John Van Boxtel