Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2006 00:29:04 -0700
From:      "alan bryan" <alan.bryan@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache 2.2 and Postgres

On 8/18/06, Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > I compiled ports/apache22 with WITH_PGSQL=yes and also tried
> > WITH_PGSQL=/usr/local/pgsql with no changes in result.  Am I doing
> > something wrong here?
>
> Hm... www/apache22 port has no WITH_PGSQL knob. I was figthing with
> apache22 + authentification via postgresql few days ago and now it works
> here with www/mod_auth_pgsql2.

Are you sure about that?

# pwd
/usr/ports/www/apache22

# more Makefile.doc
# Makefile.doc
# Author:                               Clement Laforet <clement@FreeBSD.org>
#
# This files contains:
#      - make options output
#      - apache2 man/docs routines
#
# $FreeBSD: ports/www/apache22/Makefile.doc,v 1.9 2006/05/10 19:47:15 clement Ex
p $
#

## Available knobs:
## By default, modules are compiled as dynamically loadable (DSO) modules.
##

...blah, blah....

##      WITH_(MYSQL|PGSQL|SQLITE): Enable SQL backend *dbd

So, I saw that and thought that WITH_PGSQL is valid.  So, you are
saying that it is not?   That would help explain some of the problems
I'm seeing.

I could use (and have in the past on apache 2.0) www/mod_auth_pgsql2
but I was getting "No Authn provider configured" with the following
.htaccess:

AuthName "Administration Area"
AuthType basic

Auth_PG_host localhost
Auth_PG_port 5432
Auth_PG_encrypted on
Auth_PG_user pgsql
Auth_PG_database dbname
Auth_PG_pwd_table users
Auth_PG_uid_field username
Auth_PG_pwd_field password

require user username

which worked fine in apache 2.0.  So, what parts of the new auth stuff
do you have loaded in your httpd.conf that you don't get that error?
It sounds like I was getting some of the new auth stuff to start
trying to do things as a result of the AuthType basic line but I'm not
sure what else to put there.  Can you share some of your setup
details?

Thanks!

--Alan