Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 05:13:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
To:        project10 <project10@alpha.focalnetworks.net>, Wade Majors <wade@ezri.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: how to get the IP address of someone logging into the server on the console

Hmmm... I wasn't too clear... and if I was clear and you are talking about
what i'm talking about... I applogize.

I don't want the information when I log onto my FreeBSD machine.  I want
the information to popup on my screen when anyone tries to login.

Alright... this is what my screen looks like right now after I used putty
to logon from my Win2k box.

----------

FreeBSD/i386 (hostname) (ttyv0)

login:

login Nov 9 20:58:20 (hostname) su: sameer to root on /dev/ttyp0

FreeBSD/i386 (hostname) (ttyv0)

login:

---------

In addition to all this, I want the screen to give the IP address that I
used to logon... and I want it to tell me when I disconnected.

Any ideas?

-Sameer