Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:09:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      AN <andy@neu.net>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   issue with VP8 and Ogg video

Hi:

I want to report an issue I have playing HTML5 video in Firefox.

- if you pause or stop a video it takes time (10-30 secs) before the sound
stops playing

- after viewing a video Firefox cpu utilization pegs at 100% and stays
there until you exit firefox and restart it.

I have seen this problem before with Adobe Flash, it seems that it has
been fixed with Flash.  Now it happens with VP8, and Ogg.  I would like to
help to troubleshoot this if I can.  I am not a developer, just a lowly
user.

Here is what I see in "top" after watching HTML5 video on Youtube:

PID USERNAME   PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE   C   TIME   WCPU COMMAND
27881 root       103    0  1129M   711M CPU2    1  29:06 100.00%
firefox-bin{firefox-

After restart Firefox shows 0% usage when Firefox is idle with 8 windows
and about 15 tabs open.

# uname -a
FreeBSD FBSD10 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #11 r234399: Tue Apr 17
18:15:12 EDT 2012     root@FBSD10:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  amd64

# pkg_info |grep fox
firefox-11.0,1      Web browser based on the browser portion of Mozilla
# pkg_info |grep vp
libvpx-1.0.0        VP8 Codec SDK

I played videos from here: http://tinyvid.tv/ in Firefox with the same
result as before.

  PID USERNAME   PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE   C   TIME   WCPU COMMAND
77678 root       103    0  1005M   595M CPU2    0   2:21 100.00% firefox-bin{firefox-

So, apparently it happens with Ogg also.
Let me know if I can provide any more info.