Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:48:53 -0700
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, chip@wiegand.org, otter@otter.cc
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Line Wrapping (Was: Re: Setting up a Webserver)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > From: Chip <chip@wiegand.org>

> > Why not turn on line wrapping in Netscape? It's in Edit/Preferences/
> > Mail&Newsgroups/Messages. Allows you to specify the column to wrap the
> > lines. Not that I use Netscape mail, I use KMail and it also does line
> > wrapping at whatever column you specify.
>
> Interesting how the original question got asked in the reverse manner,
> after only two posts.  Actually, Chip, everyone's on your side.
> Wrapping is not only evil, but some times it is a necessity.
>
> When I'm reading mail on a 132x?? terminal, if wrapping was not used, I
> have to chase around lines that span more than 100 columns, and it can
> get tiring if you do it all the time.
>
> Ciao,
> Giorgos.

It got turned around quite quickly, then when some parts are snipped
things get misunderstood even more. I'm not sure I ever said anything
like wrapping being evil, my paragraph is the second one above about
turning wrapping on in netscape. I use KMail and have wrapping turned
on at 70 columns, and much appreciate if others would also use
wrapping. I too dislike chasing long lines that if printed would
probably go several feet across the room. :-)
Anyway, I think this is probably enought of this stuff in this group.
Maybe it will come to an end soon?

 --
Chip
www.wiegand.org