Date:      Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:52:23 +0400
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Half OT: mod_proxy and webcam

18.04.2011 20:28, Andrea Venturoli пишет:
> Hello.
>
> I've got an Axis webcam in an internal network. I'm accessing it using apache22
> as a front-end, through mod_proxy.
>
> Everything used to work fine until some days ago: however, since then it will
> drop the connection every few seconds. The message "Lost connection to MPEG
> motion stream" appears and I have to push play again.
>
> This is an extract from my configuration:
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>> ServerName xxxxxx.xxxxxx.xx
>> <Directory />
>> Allow from All
>> </Directory>
>> ProxyPass / http://yyyyyyy.yyyyyyy/
>> ProxyPassReverse / http://yyyyyyy.yyyyyyy/
>> (1) SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
>> (1) SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
>> </VirtualHost>
>
> (1) was an hint I saw on another website, but it didn't help.
>
> Any suggestion?
>

> I tried inetd+sysutil/socket and it works much better; however it can't coexist
> on port 80 with other sites.

If you need to access image only, you can use net/erlyvideo to put it into some
webpage (flash player). If you need to access webcam management interface too,
you can use natd port forwarding (or ssh port forwaring) or www/nginx. I never
used apache's mod_proxy as frontend however.

--
Regards,
Ruslan