Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:23:59 -0500
From:      David Empey <empey@integral.on.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Two Questions

There are a couple of things I need to be able to do, but which I'm having
trouble figuring out how to do.  I *hope* the answers aren't as obvious as
I fear they are :)

First, I need to be able to change the extension on a large number of files
in a directory  from *.txt to *.ltr, but I cannot seem to get the mv (or
the cp and rm) commands to do the job.  Is there something easier to do
than renaming the files one by one?

Second, I'm writing a shell script to take input for the 'at' command.
Using 'read' to get input for the time and day are no problem, but I'm
having trouble devising a way to get a list of commands to run.  What I
have in mind is this:  read in variables for time and day, run the at
command (from a script) with the time and place as arguments.  However,
what I need is a way to get the script to get a list of commands from the
user, or else perhaps a way to run the command (from the script) so that it
gives the user a chance to input a list of commands as would be the case if
it was run from the command line.

Any suggestions appreciated, with thanks!

David Empey
ICQ #7283765