Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2007 08:24:00 -0700
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        Olli Hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: missing Advisory at ftp.freebsd.org

Olli Hauer wrote:
> I am missing the advisory for openssl at ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/CERT/

We stopped uploading advisories there because we kept on running into
problems with ftp mirrors being out of date, while have complete control
over the security.freebsd.org webserver and can make sure files are
there before we send out the advisory.

> Background:
> For long time i used the the quickpatch utility at my workstation to
> notify me about issues and *how* to fix it.
>
> With the web based advisory this is not possible since the .asc file
> contains only the pgp signature (no more details).

Huh?  The advisories on the security.freebsd.org webserver are exactly
the same files as the advisories which went to ftp.freebsd.org.

Colin Percival
FreeBSD Security Officer