Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:58:21 -0800
From:      Ben Widawsky <widawsky@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   to KASSERT || !KASSERT

I'm trying to decide whether or not to leave invariants turned on for
a production system. The target system will be an embedded device
where performance is already at a premium. I would have a mechanism to
remotely obtain panic information after an assertion failed.

I'm primarily interested in performance implications (has anyone done
any benchmarks?), and are invariants worth the cost?

Opinions on whether or not invariants should ever be left in
production code are also welcome.

Ben