Date:      Mon, 4 Apr 2011 09:55:21 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        binto <binto@triplegate.net.id>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what is g_vfs_done() and error = 6?? how to fix it??

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 11:10:14PM +0800, binto wrote:
> suspicious one is..bad sector..
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "binto" <binto@triplegate.net.id>

Install /usr/ports/sysutils/smartmontools and provide output from
"smartctl -a /dev/ad10" (assuming the questionable hard disk is still
installed there); I can help decode the output.

You might also want to run "fsck -f /dev/ad10".  There are known cases
where backgrounded fsck can't fix some errors, but I'm not sure if the
kernel would return errno=6 (Device not configured) to userland in this
situation.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc@parodius.com |