Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:22:56 +0200
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   6-STABLE locks solid - current ok, why?

Hi,

Got a testbed Proliant DL380G2, internal SmartArray 5i disabled, have
SmartArray 5300 with 6 disks.

Installed 6.1-REL last week, rebuilt to -STABLE three times since
without a problem. However, when I try to add various (random)
applications the box locks up solid during "configure" or "make". Apps
tested are postfix, jdk15, OpenOffice-2.0 and more. When it hangs the
only thing remaining is power cycling, no keyboard access possible.

What puzzles me here is that now I installed -CURRENT from yesterday on
same box without any other changes and it works like charm, so far I'm
through building close to 50 ports including kde with dependencies.

Next step I guess is to go back to RELENG and check again. Meanwhile,
does anyone out there have an idea where I should look? This box is
going into production and I'm not brave enough to run -CURRENT...

Thanks,