Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:50:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/33606: mutt segfaults on CURRENT

The following reply was made to PR ports/33606; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 16:47:39 +0100

 Please close this PR, as the problem was caused by some libraries that
 were conflicting (namely libc4 and libc5). Rebuilding all dependancies
 helped to resolve it.

 * Emiel Kollof (coolvibe@hackerheaven.org) wrote:

 > >Number:         33606
 > >Category:       ports
 > >Synopsis:       mutt segfaults on CURRENT
 > >Confidential:   no
 > >Severity:       serious
 > >Environment:
 > System: FreeBSD azazel.ipv6.hackerheaven.org 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #16: Sat Jan 5 22:56:40 CET 2002 root@azazel.ipv6.hackerheaven.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AZAZEL i386

 > 	When running mutt it suddenly segfaults. It seems to choke on the ftello(3) call.
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 >
 > bash-2.05a$ mutt
 > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
 > bash-2.05a$ gdb mutt
 > GNU gdb 4.18
 > welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
 > This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...
 > (no debugging symbols found)...
 > (gdb) run
 > Starting program: /usr/local/bin/mutt
 > (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
 > (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
 > (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
 > (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
 > 0x282dbe2c in _ftello () from /usr/lib/libc.so.5
 > (gdb)
 >
 > >Fix:
 >

 > >Release-Note:
 > >Audit-Trail:
 > >Unformatted:

 "I'd love to go out with you, but I want to spend more time with my
 blender."