Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:36:28 -0700
From:      John Fox <readbsd@mind.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   max IDE drive capacity supported in 2.2.2 release

Hello to all,

I am trying to determine the maximum (IDE) drive capacity supported
by FreeBSD 2.2.2.  I have carefully read the release notes for 2.0
and 2.2.2 and seen no mention of this datum.

At this point, I'm theorizing that there the only such limit has to
do with the limitations of what the BIOS will support.

Any thoughts appreciated,

-John
| John Fox <jjf@mind.net>     |    System Administrator   | InfoStructure   |
|        Gideon: I thought you said don't hold a grudge.                    |
|         Galen: I don't. I have no surviving enemies...at all.             |
|             -- "Crusdade", _Racing the Night_                             |