Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 1996 12:25:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Weldon S Godfrey 3 <weldon@excelsus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com590, freebsd2.2snap, tcp problems

I am using the vx driver on FreeBSD2.2-960612-SNAP.  And I am having the
following symptons:

1.  upon bootup I am getting  "routed[51]:  route from 198.119.147.1 to
unsupported address family 768, destination 0.0.192.42"

2.  the vx driver is not running in MULTICAST mode

3.  Telnet to other FreeBSD machines has tremedious amounts of lag, if I
am able to get in at all, right after login.  FTPing to other FreeBSD
machines locks up completely after it recieves 1 230 information message.

ref problem 1 >>I tried disabling TCP extensions in /etc/sysconfig, this
makes it worse, because I am unable to get to any machine on our network.