Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 1997 20:48:26 +0900 (JST)
From:      hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: pccard and -current; a long way to go. :-(

In article <20225.869879961@time.cdrom.com>
jkh@time.cdrom.com writes:

>> I'm not sure how closely the Nomads want to work with the FreeBSD
>> Project on this, but if the answer is "not closely enough to support
>> -current" then I can see no other alternative but to pursue another,
>> totally new effort for solving the pccard issues in FreeBSD.

I personally think that:

o I want to incorporate PAO package into -currnet gradually.  For
  example, I think "shutdown -x" hack, sn driver, etc. are easily
  incorporated into -current.

o pccard stuff is very premature when I started working on it, but
  currently, it evolved and it should be developed in open fashion.
  (and I want to concentrate upon more premature stuff like I18N
  sysinstall, new config system, CardBus support, etc.)

o Of course I'm planning to move to 3.0-current.  I'm working on 2.2
  because I want to advertise FreeBSD to Japanese market (about half
  of PC's in Japan is laptop), and I have only one laptop for
  develpment. I got a new laptop (Toshiba Libretto 50 CT US version)
  last week and I'm planning to install 3.0 to the old one.

I have ten days vacation from next week (sorry, I'll be away from net
for a week because of it), and I want to work on incorporating part of
PAO stuff to 3.0-current in this vacation.

--
HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi
[Network Technology Center, Keio University]