Date:      23 May 2001 19:50:17 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        "Arun Sharma" <arun@sharmas.dhs.org>
Cc:        <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Reiser: BSD cliques

"Arun Sharma" <arun@sharmas.dhs.org> writes:
> In particular, the openness of the development process.
> I sent serveral patches to the kernel to -hackers during
> the last year or two. All of them were send-pr'ed too.

Lack of manpower.  Nothing happens to a PR unless some committer
happens to notice it and take an interest in it.  Find yourself a pet
committer and have him review and commit your patches; soon enough
he'll tire of it and sponsor you for commit privileges, at which point
you'll have no-one to blame when things break (which I sometimes
believe is the only reason we give people commit privileges - so
they'll stop complaining)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org