Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 1996 08:34:32 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: Current build failure

> > > Keep supping and making (once a week or once a day), current is often not
> > > buildable.
> >
> > Ah, I thought that while current was on the bleeding edge, the code
> > should certainly at least compile before it's checked in!  Hard to
> > imagine any good reason why it wouldn't complile, short of problems in
> > the build environment.
>
> Committers are humans only.  To err is human.
>
> If you had looked at the log for this problem, you would have known
> that it *was* buildable for the person who's committed it.

Sorry if my bit of sarcasm was not obvious.

I was simply upset that in response to a perfectly reasonable query by
someone to the list regarding their failure to get -current to build,
yielded a list of mostly unhelpful suggestions by someone else.

I simply objected to "explaining away" the problem with the excuse
that "you shouldn't expect current to always build".  I'm sure that
people will always make mistakes, and that's fine, but implication was
a bit different than that.

louie