Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2007 23:34:32 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Tsu-Fan Cheng <tfcheng@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what to do with this..?

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 07:35:42 -0400 Tsu-Fan Cheng <tfcheng@gmail.com> wrote:

 >    i have a serial files named as 1.zip, 2.z01, 3.z02, etc. what to do with
 > this? I tried unzip but have trouble, thansk!!

assuming that you have installed port or package archivers/unzip ..

You can 'unzip 1' for 1.zip, but need to 'unzip 2.z01' and so on; that
is, you need to specify the full filename unless it ends in '.zip', but
unzip will work on any valid zipfile whatever it's called.  See unzip(1)

Try running 'unzip -l 2.z01' and if it lists properly, 'unzip -t 2.z01'
to test the archive contents, before unzipping for real.

If that doesn't help, quote us exactly what you try, and the response.

Cheers, Ian