Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 03:15:40 -0400
From:      "Nader Turki" <nturki@adelphia.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Upgrading from 4.1-R to 4.1-S

Hi guys,
I just installed fresh FreeBSD 4.1 and wanna upgrade to FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE.
Anyway, I did that few times with 3.x and 4.0.
I used to cvsup then just cd /usr/src; make world.
then recompile my kernel:
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
/usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL
cd ../../compile/MYKERNEL
make depend; make; make install

And It worked for me all the time, I was checking thew handbook and saw
something new which is:
# cd /usr/src
# make buildkernel KERNEL=MYKERNEL
# make installkernel KERNEL=MYKERNEL

Do I have to use that way or the old way will work just fine.

Thanks,

Nader

P.S. someone told me that cvs-crypto is a part of src-all now, is that true?
so i don't need to have cvs-crypto on my supfile anymore if i'm using
scr-all ????