Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 2014 10:28:53 -0800
From:      Darren Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkgng upgrade "unable to find catalogs" - with key installed

On 1/9/2014 9:47 AM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> I have been using a private pkg repo though, without any crypto
> signatures.  If the signatures prevent the above process from working
> correctly, then try commenting out the 'signature_type' line in
> FreeBSD.conf temporarily.  As you're only affecting the pkg package in
> the above, which gets updated by pkg-1.1.4 without any crypto checking
> anyhow, you aren't any worse off.

I may be running into the same issue as Michael (pkg update can't find
catalogs).  My repo config doesn't have a signature line (so it's
defaulting to "NONE").  But:

# pkg update -f
Updating repository catalogue
digests.txz                                             100% 1081KB
1.1MB/s   1.1MB/s   00:00
packagesite.txz                                         100% 5037KB
4.9MB/s   4.9MB/s   00:01
Incremental update completed, 23128 packages processed:
22906 packages updated, 365 removed and 222 added.
pkg: Unable to find catalogs
# pkg fetch -y pkg
Updating repository catalogue
The following packages will be fetched: