Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:11:54 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
Subject:   Re: realplayer

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 12:12:39AM -0400, Brian T. Schellenberger wrote:
> On Monday 27 August 2001 23:41, Gary Kline wrote:
> >     Has anybody seen this problem with the latest RealAufio player
> >     (using the linux netscape):  archived programs from NPR play
> >     almost in slow-motion.   The sound stutters and the tenths
> >     counter goes at almost half speed.
>
> Well, I happen to use FreeBSD-native Mozilla to bring it up, though I can't
> see why that should make any difference, but I can listen to the archived
> stuff on NPR just fine.  I am listening to a Radio Expedition right now.
> No stuttering or anything.  Perfect reproduction as far as I can tell.
>
> I have:
>
> RealPlayer [tm] Unix  Version 8.0.3.421 ;  linux-2.0-libc6-i386-gcc2.95
>
> [I have it set up as a "Helper Application" under Mozilla . . .]

	I've been meaning to try Mozilla; maybe it's time.

	It has nothing to do with the browser, tho.  I retrieved
	the audio pointer file and gave it to the RA app.  Same
	thing: stuttery sound.   Maybe it's time to go back to
	the site and download another copy of the player... set at
	28.8.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix