Date:      Sat, 07 Jan 1995 18:14:04 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu (Wankle Rotary Engine), freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Graphical installations and such...

>Why did I just KNOW that Rod was going to agree? :-)
>
>In a way, in fact it rather further proves my point! :-)

>> > this is exactly the sort of thing that needs to be avoided. There's
>>
>> About all that I can say after reading this is BRAVO!!!!

   Ummm, can we all just get a grip on reality for a second? It seems to me
that it is exceptionally clear that an X based install isn't ever going to
happen. I have to count myself in with the people that don't want it even if
2GB+ disks and 16MB+ memory were the defacto standard minimum - the fact is
that it is just too much for such a simple task.
   Besides, our current color ncurses based install works out *just fine* for
what we need to do with it. It needs only minor extensions to do everything we
want *and* it looks good. So what's all the hubbub, bub?
   Sheesh! I shouldn't have put myself back on -hackers; this pointless
argument is definately proof of that!

-DG