Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:34:53 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Alpha <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing alpha port from 3.1 CDROM.......

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, William Woods wrote:

> OK, I just bought the 3.1 CD with the Alpha distro on it. I know the floppy
> images are broken, I am useing the 4.0 snap images on the web. My question
> is this, I know how to change the distro name in options from 4.0snap to
> 3.1, but the alpha stuff is on the 2nd cd in /releases/alpha/3 , hoow do I
> point /stand/sysinstall to install from that directory.

You need to go to the options screen and set the 'Release Name' to
'3.1-RELEASE'. The install program should pick up the files from the right
place automatically (I just tried this with my 3.1-RELEASE CD set and it
worked with a locally built snapshot dated 19990221).

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com