Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 15:48:02 +0200
From:      Dirk Froemberg <dirk@freebsd.org>
To:        John Daniels <jmd526@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php and PostgreSQL7

Hi John!

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 01:21:39PM -0400, John Daniels wrote:
> PostgreSQL 7.0.0 was released in May and a postgresql7 port was made soon
> after.  (The port was recently updated to v7.0.2)  The full path of the port
> is:
>     /usr/port/databases/postgresql7
>
> PostgreSQL v7.x is very stable and a great improvement on v6.5.3.  Any new
> user will certainly want to use v7.x.
>
> I recently tried to install Scot Hetzel's mod_apache port but after some
> difficulty, I was informed by Scot that mod_php4 does not support
> postgresql7.
>
> Can you tell me if you are working on postgresql7 support and/or when
> mod_php4 will support postgresql7?

Adding a dependency to postgresql7 from mod_php? would cause some problems:
postgresql and postgresql7 have some files in common. So adding both ports
at the same time isn't a good idea. Since we have already dependencies to
postgresql we can't have another to postgresql7.

The only thing you can do is to install postgresql7 _before_ mod_php?
and select postgresql support then.

	Regards Dirk

--
Dirk Froemberg