Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:48:16 -0700
From:      Chris Doherty <chris-freebsd@randomcamel.net>
To:        Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcm0 not responding on -CURRENT...

At some point, Sean Chittenden said:
> pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
[snip]
> My best/wild/flailing guess is that one of the airtools did something
> to my sound card... but I don't know how to reset the hardware config
> for the snd card.  eh?  -sc

I get this error reliably on a Thinkpad 600E (under 4.5-stable and
4.6-stable) when I try to use sound after a suspend. I use bsd-airtools
without any problems, though. I looked at the sound driver source but
haven't had time or motivation to try writing something to reset the
device. :-)

chris

Chris Doherty
chris [at] randomcamel.net

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat
all our provisions now, so we won't have so much to carry."
               -- A. A. Milne