Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 1999 17:04:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      nodog@mail.utexas.edu
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/9266: some ports won't compile or clean

>Number:         9266
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       some ports won't compile or clean
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        3.0
>Environment:
FreeBSD pimento.dognet 3.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE #5: Fri Jan  1 18:11:30 CST 1999     nodog@pimento.dognet:/usr/src/sys/compile/PIMENTO  i386

When doing a `make' or a `make clean' on some ports (the png-1.0.2 port
is an example), I get one of two problems... Either I get

"Makefile", line 63: Malformed conditional (${PORTOBJFORMAT} == "aout")
"Makefile", line 63: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 76: if-less endif
"Makefile", line 76: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

or

"Makefile", line 79: Could not find bsd.port.post.mk
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

or I get both.

>How-To-Repeat:
`make clean' in the /usr/ports/math/gnuplot directory.
>Fix:
To fix the bsd.port.post.mk problem, I added a link in /usr/share/mk
from bsd.port.mk to bsd.port.post.mk and just `touch'ed
bsd.port.pre.mk in the same directory.  This doesn't seem like a good
solution, but it's worked for the "Could not find..." errors.