Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 1997 19:00:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@cdrom.com>
To:        Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which Alpha is this?

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Chris Coleman wrote:
% I have heard a lot about the "multia"/"Miata" Where is the Documentation
% issue.  We are ordering a Alpha based computer and I want to know what
% kind this is.  They are ordering it for use with NT, But I will have
% hacking rights on it and am wondering if I will be able to contribute to
% the Alpha project on it. My question is "how do I know what kind of Alpha
% it is?"
%
% The Specs say:
% 	DEC Alpha 21164 CPU 533 MHZ
% 	DEC Aplha pc164 LX MotherBoard

You'd get a much more technically accurate response from comp.sys.dec,
but multia/udb's were early 066's running at 166mhz and such.  That
could be either an AlphaPC 21164 (with only 1 meg of cache, but a new
multimedia unit to make up for it), or just a normal 21164 with 2meg
cache.  http://www.digital.com/semiconductor should help you out, or
your system vendor's web page.

Murray Stokely