Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 11:56:38 +0400
From:      Grigoriy Strokin <grg@philol.msu.ru>
To:        Troy <troyml@prodigy.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ad0: WRITE command timeout

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 11:58:33PM -0500, Troy wrote:
> On a seperate note, since my switch to 4-stable some of my system
> monitoring tools, ie.. top, vmstat, wmmon, etc have stopped functioning
> properly, the output of top and vmstat are below, wiser individuals then
> me hopefully will know where I went wrong.
> <top>
> top: nlist failed
> </top>
>
> <vmstat>
> vmstat: undefined symbols:
>  _cp_time _kmemstatistics _bucket _zlist
> </vmstat>

AFAIK you should use /boot/loader to boot your kernel,
then these problems disappear.

To do this manually, type '/boot/loader' at the boot prompt.
After you have learned that the system can boot this way properly,
do
  echo /boot/loader >/boot.config
to make this change permanent

--
=== Grigoriy Strokin, Lomonosov University (MGU), Moscow ===
=== contact info: http://isabase.philol.msu.ru/~grg/     ===