Date:      Mon, 30 May 2011 08:51:36 -0700
From:      ss griffon <ssgriffonuser@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhclient issues and atheros 9285 wireless card

Hello,

I am trying to use FreeBSD 8.2 on my Eee netbook. =A0I am having issues
with my atheros 9285 card which seems to be directly related to this
bug: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D149307

I can create my wlan0 device and connect to my router using
wpa_supplicant.  However, when I try to use dhclient to get an ip
addr, it doesn't seem to be able to communicate with the router.  I
have also tried to set a static IP addr and ping the router but that
did not work.  dmesg reports multiple 'bb hang detected 0x80' errors.
I'm almost positive that this card worked in previous versions of
FreeBSD.

I haven't yet tried to update to the freebsd-current as mentioned in
the bug report, but I will when I get a chance.  Has anybody else
gotten this card to work?  Are there any known work arounds?  Maybe
using the windows driver with the ndis wrapper.

I have a bit of Linux kernel development experience and I would be
happy to help squash this bug.  Just let me know how I can help.

Keep up the good work,