Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 01:06:24 -0700
From:      "Martin-Legene, Robert" <robert.martin-legene@intel.com>
To:        "'muditha@seychelles.net'" <muditha@seychelles.net>, list@inet-access.org, Freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: pricing question?

> I just want to find out if other ISPs charge clients (dial-up and
> other)  for providing them with fixed IP addresses.  I have a few
> dial-up clients who require fixed IP addresses but I can't charge =
them
> the same fee as other dial-up cleints as they are eating up some of =
my
> IP addresses. I was thinking of charging them a fixed annual=20
> amount and
> wanted some idea of what others are charging?

When I worked for an ISP, a private subscriber could not be given
a fixed IP. If you had a corporate dial-in you could get even blocks
of IP##. Of course the price was noticably different. But private
customers "doesn't need a fixed IP#" (yes, you may flame me now) ;-)

-- Robert Martin-Leg=E8ne
   The opinions expressed are only my own, and does not reflect
   the opinions of Intel.