Date:      Wed, 06 Feb 2013 21:00:03 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openssl DIST_SUBDIR change

Hallo Wall, Stephen,

> Is the recent name change in the openssl port's DIST_SUBDIR intentional, or a leftover from some intermediate test stage of the port?  Seems like an odd change to make on purpose...
>
> > DIST_SUBDIR=    ${DISTNAME}2

Yes that chage was intentional.
I change DIST_SUBDIR cause a distfile or patchfile file with the same name have different content.

Without that change,
users will try to fetch the old files from mirrors and later stop with a checksum error.

> Also, FYI for anyone who cares, the OpenSSL project has released a security update, version 1.0.1d.
> See http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-announce@openssl.org/msg00124.html for details.

Thanks i will look in to it.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]