Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 2002 16:57:22 -0400
From:      Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: X again...

I tried making the font.alias file, didn't work.  I saw that the
FontServer wasn't installed (dunno if it's needed or not), so I
installed it, started it, still didn't work.  Here's a snip of my config
file (the stuff that I think may be relevant) (BTW...this is X v.4):

Section "Module"

# This loads the DBE extension module.

    Load        "dbe"  	# Double buffer extension

# This loads the miscellaneous extensions module, and disables #
initialisation of the XFree86-DGA extension within that module.
    SubSection  "extmod"
      Option    "omit xfree86-dga"   # don't initialise the DGA
extension
    EndSubSection

# This loads the Type1 and FreeType font modules
    Load        "type1"
    Load        "freetype"

# This loads the GLX module
#    Load       "glx"

EndSection

Section "Files"

    RgbPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"

    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
#    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"

# The module search path.  The default path is shown here.

#    ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"

EndSection

There ya go guys.  Any more ideas based off that?

Thanks a bunch,
--Brian