Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:04:13 -0700
From:      Mac Mason <mac@cs.hmc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Correct step for setting up MBR on a windows drive?

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

I've got a machine with FreeBSD on it. Recently, I added another drive,
on which I put Windows. Given that I don't really trust the Windows
install program with my MBR, I unplugged the FreeBSD drive during the
install.=20

Now, the FreeBSD bootloader can't load windows; if I unplug the FreeBSD
drive again, windows boots up happily, but I don't much like the idea of
un-plugging and re-plugging drives to make things work.=20

The FreeBSD bootloader notes that there are two drives installed, but
picking either one of them results in BSD booting up, not windows.=20

How do I go about teaching the FreeBSD bootloader how to boot Windows?=20

("Replace it with grub" is a reasonable answer, but I'd rather not go to
the trouble, if it's possible)

Thanks!

    --Mac

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy