Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 1998 09:56:43 -0500
From:      Jamie Clark <jamie@erinet.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Q: Opinions on which Tape Drive to Buy?

Hi,

I'm in the market for a tape backup system for both FreeBSD and Windoze
95.  I'm looking for at least 4 GB uncompressed capacity at a street
price for the unit (not necessarily including interface card) around
$375.  What models have you had good experiences in installing,
operating, and with its technical support among those in the market.
I've never bought a tape drive for a PC.  Though, I'm experienced with
the major PC peripherals regarding installation and configuring.

The system is an Intel Pentium 200 MHz with 32 MB.  Windoze space is a
little over 5 GB and FreeBSD space is about 1.8 GB.  I do have plans of
increasing disk space with another disk to allow keeping uptodate with
FreeBSD-Stable.