Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 1996 15:21:26 +1000
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@connect.com.au>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org
Cc:        ggm@connect.com.au
Subject:   Recommendable PCI/SCSI configs available in Australia

I'm advising a party of Anaesthetists (!) who have some funding to
research distance education/www/mbone on Internet.

They want to buy pentium-100+ SCSI systems suitable for use as
webservers and to option up to a matrox meteor video-enabled multicast
station.

Can anybody recommend Australian-available configs? I have a "Moebius"
system myself which is 100Mhz but 70ns memory and will not work with
any flavour of cache enabled :-( (triton chipset, and NOT an asus MB)

It looks like ASUS motherboards are consistently viable, and include
on-MB SCSI which might be useful for them.

Any input from people who've recently commissioned systems in OZ
greatfully received...

-George

PS no, I can't spell Anaesthesia related words...