Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:06:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Doug Junkins <junkins@foghead.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 440BX based SMP systems

Doug Junkins writes:

 > > Whoops.  I cut & paste the wrong line.  I'd meant N440BX "Nightshade."g
 > > Sorry for the confusion.
 > >
 > > And thanks to everybody who has replied, I've gotten a few good
 > > recommendations.
 > >

 > Please summarize the responses -- there may be others (besides myself)
 > interested as well.
 >
 > -Doug

I heard from people running:

3 SuperMicro P6DBS w/dual 350MHz PII, running -current
1 IWill DBS100 running FreeBSD 3.0-980523-SNAP
1 dual Tyan tiger motherboard (BX) w/400mhz running linux

Since I've heard negative reviews of the SuperMicro
(http://www.tomshardware.com/supermicrop6dbs.html), my vendor doesn't
sell the IWill, and the Tyan is running linux & not FreeBSD, I'm going to
order an Asus P2B-DS.  I chose the Asus because I've had good
experiences with Asus boards in the past, and if I'm going to jump in
blind I'll be more comfortable going with an Asus.

Drew