Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:40:23 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cls@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla

Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> Anyone actually achieved the installation of Mozilla with Java support ?
> It is like having a tooth pulled without novocaine.
> I got sick of it telling me I have to download this from Sun, and then
> later something else from Sun etc. etc.
> Why does the port not tell you everything you need for it right at the
> beginning ?

Try doing a "make release" without disabling documentation.  8-).
You end up with 32 ports having to be installed (at last count).

The correct way to do this is to copy the ports distribution files
into your local system, so that they get copied into the build
environment, instead of being downloaded, built, and installed
each time.

It's also impossible to recreate historical releases, since the
old versions of the code are not archived anywhere, so it's not
possible to build, for instance, a 4.1-RELEASE from sources, unless
you happened to save of the necessary distribution files.

-- Terry