Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2006 13:20:14 GMT
From:      Peter Thoenen <eol1@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/94621: security/tor-devel defaults data directory to non-persistent

The following reply was made to PR ports/94621; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Thoenen <eol1@yahoo.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: wes@bogon.net
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 05:15:36 -0800 (PST)

 Give me a day or three to think about this one.  Will include a fix in
 1.1.16-blah whenever that comes out.  Not a fan of the suggested #1
 solution as it would appear to break hier(7) nor am I a fan of #2
 though its certainly double and a GOOD IDEA (tm).  Going to discuss
 some things with the tor developers (e.g. is there an undocumented
 option that allows one to point directly to a keyfile outside the
 DataDir) before I fix this.  Good catch Wes as I only use tor in client
 mode.  Let me know if you catch any other server specific items that
 are broken.

 OT Rant: How is it I never get these emails.  Has to be the 4th or 5th
 PR I have detected via a search query that affect ports I maintain.
 Its how I found this PR for example.