Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 2013 21:21:28 -0400
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        Tom Everett <tom@khubla.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Booting Beagleboard Black

https://github.com/kientzle/crochet-freebsd/tree/master/board/BeagleBone
>=20
> When I reset the board using the reset button on the BBB, I get three =
blue
> lights lit on the USB, and nothing happens.  Can anyone give a BBB =
newb a
> hand?

You're holding down the wrong button. :-)  You need to hold down the =
user boot switch at the other end, near the micro SD card.  See =
https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/BeagleBoneBlack for details.  (See =
http://learn.adafruit.com/system/assets/assets/000/008/680/original/Beagle=
BoneBlack.jpeg?1369065340 for location of button.)

BTW, is it possible to put a boot loader on the eMMC so that it will =
always try and boot FreeBSD from the micro SD card?  Alternatively, is =
it possible to make the FreeBSD boot loader/layout on the BeagleBone =
Black compatible with the Angstrom boot loader?  It appears to look for =
an ext2 file system if the micro SD card is present.  Would a BeagleBone =
Black image that uses ext2 be bootable by the resident Angstrom system?

Cheers,

Paul.