Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:28:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sean Lutner <sean@rentul.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw breakage?

Forgive me if this has been attended to, but it seems that there is some
problem with ipfw. I cvsup'd as of yesterday morning
(10/21/00) 4.1.1-STABLE. I did not make any changes at all to my
rc.firewall, but I get the following message when the rc.firewall script
is run. Has there been some breakage in the code?

Flushed all rules.
ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Protocol not available

The above line starting with ipfw: is repeated for each rule I have. I
even tried going to just a default allow pass all from any to any.

Any help is appreciated.

Sean Lutner		  | www: http://www.rentul.net
e-mail: sean@rentul.net   |

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein