Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:51:55 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Plamen Petkov <plamendp@plamen.bgstore.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: making a RELEASE

What I did:

1. cvsup-ed all sources, just check out, not whole cvs repository
2. make buildworld && make installworld, testing, fine
3. hacking /usr/src/release/Makefile, where, instead of 'cvs'-ing srcs, I
just 'cp' them in $CHROOTDIR/src
4. make release
5. about mm... 6 hours and everything is ok, done successfully
6. now i will make a CD(s) and will be happy :-)

Well, this is a bit away from the 'standard' release/snap making
procedure, but as i said in my prev messages - I do this for me only, to
have MY snapshot on a bootable CD, just in case. The price is reasonable -
a night of my life :-)

Plamen D. Petkov  (ICQ 2214327 [pdp])
plamendp@bgstore.com
FBiS First Bulgarian Internet Store