Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 20:08:58 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        matt@lkg.dec.com (Matt Thomas)
Cc:        osyjm@cdsnet.net, terry@cs.weber.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Q: Does anyone know about implementing LAT support?

Hi!
---

Matt Thomas writes:

] I have about half a DECnet kernel written (source compatible with
] DECnet-ULTRIX at the socket and library level).  One of the problems
] is that none of the LAN drivers support multiple physical addresses.
] Nor is there is a way to enable a different physical address.

For what are multiple physical addresses needed when using LAT?

Am I doing right when thinking of ethernet-address when reading
the words 'physical address' ?

The reason why I was asking for LAT support is that I have some
DECserver 200/MC which I supposedly wanted to get work with FreeBSD.

Mickey

--
          (__)
          (@@)      Andreas S. Wetzel        E-mail: mickey@deadline.snafu.de