Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 22:32:41 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Alexander Anderson <a.anderson@utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: irq status

In the last episode (Nov 03), Alexander Anderson said:
> I got curious too and decided to join. If you have dealt with Linux,
> it has 'interrupts' file in /proc filesystem. It tells you what IRQs
> are currently in use and what's using them. Is there something
> similar on FreeBSD?

vmstat -i

But remember that this simply lists what IRQs active drivers in teh
system think the hardware uses.  PCI and ISA-PnP devices can tell the
system what their IRQs are, but when you have to deal with legacy ISA
cards you really don't have a good way of figuring out what IRQs they
use.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com