Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:31:09 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
Cc:        murray@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org, re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gosh, how NICE to see that Slashdot has released FreeBSD 4.5!

--DSayHWYpDlRfCAAQ

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 01:43:19PM -0800, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> Not only am I quoted as somehow having announced it (EH?), but
> slashdot has just announced the availability of FreeBSD 4.5.  I've
> already posted a correction as part of the ensuing thread, but just a
> heads-up in case you guys start getting questions about it.  From
> everything I can see, somebody recycled my 4.4 announcement or
> something and the slashdot editors didn't even bother to verify it.

  And this wonderful newsflash is brought to us only a few weeks after
the FIRST "Official" CD release of FreeBSD was pre-announced[1].  I
immediately followed that up with a story about the 47th "Official" CD
release of FreeBSD to be released on January 26, but they never posted
it.  The editing at Slashdot has been a joke recently.  It is very
clear that the posters don't even follow the links in the submissions.
I will send some pointers to the editors to make sure this never
happens again, as I'm sure many readers have already done.

    - Murray

[1] http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/09/1344238&mode=thread

--DSayHWYpDlRfCAAQ

--DSayHWYpDlRfCAAQ--