Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:58:08 -0400
From:      "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd ports" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Kernel Compile Options: _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING, SMP

Supposedly SMP is available by default in 7.0, but I didn't see the
'options SMP' entry in the generic config. I take it that is
unnecessary for SMP support now?

_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING:
This says it's for real time in the config. Chances are, i don't need
it, but I'd like to verify. Mostly I do standard desktop stuff:
KDE/gnome/xfce/ion depending on who's logged in, FireFox, kmail,
OpenOffice, WINE, and probably a VM once I get one working. I do some
coding (C/C++/Python, maybe some D soon), but nothing that would need
real time to my knowledge. A future rebuild of this machine will act
as a PVR as well.

FreeBSD 7.0, AMD Dual Core CPU, 1GB memory.

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton