Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 1995 10:28:45 +0000 ()
From:      Jeffrey Springer <jspringr@tribeca.ios.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pppd NOT AVAILABLE

I am having problems with dynamic Slip  -  sometimes it works, othertimes
it doesn't  -  so I tried ppp.  I looked up pppd in the man pages, followed
the directions (connected to my host through cu, suspended cu, typed "pppd")
only to see a message that "pppd is not available on your system."

If it's in the man pages (and there is a "pppd"  file) why is it not
available? How or where can I obtain it? Can I do anything on my system
to get it to work?

I have implemented dynamic Slip as follows:

	1. route flush
	2. route delete <everthing but localhost>
	3. cu to host
	4. suspend cu
	5. ifconfig sl0 inet <supplied IP address> gateway netmask 0xffffff00
	6. route add default gateway
	7. slattach -h -a -s 57600 /dev/cua01

I can then ping the gateway and the nameservers on my host but nothing
else. Netstat -rn shows everything setup OK as does netstat -i. Any
suggestions?

I would GREATLY, GREATLY, GREATLY appreciate any help you can give on
this. Thank you in advance . . .

	- Jeff
	jspringr@tribeca.ios.com