Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:39:14 -0500
From:      "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions !!!!" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problems trying to mount SDHC card ....

.... I am trying to mount some SDHC cards through a USB reader
(Transcend USB 2.0) with an eye towards using them to create bootable
drives for a Raspberry Pi B+. When I try to view the drive through
XFCE's 'flash File Manager' (from top toolbar) it pops up an error
dialog saying:

mount_msdosfs: can't find or load "msdos_iconv" kernel module
mount_msdosfs: msdos_iconv: operation not permitted.

[root@kabini1, /etc, 6:37:16pm] 489 % uname -a
FreeBSD kabini1.local 9.3-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE-p2 #0: Mon Sep
15 16:44:27 UTC 2014
root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
[root@kabini1, /etc, 6:37:19pm] 490 %

I am doing this as an ordinary user, something in fstab or amd.conf ?
TIA for any clues ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."