Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 06:08:48 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Aleksandr A.Babaylov" <babolo@links.ru>
To:        dhesi@rahul.net (Rahul Dhesi)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xfree86-3.3.6 ports misbehavior

Rahul Dhesi writes:
> Since I sent the appended inquiry, I have upgraded the machine to
> 4.1-RELEASE following the procedures in /usr/src/UPDATING.  I still see
> exactly the same symptoms.
>
> If you, the reader, have any ideas at all about this, and if you are not
> able to give me a more detailed answer or to refer me to a suitable
> place (e.g. some specific online document, or some specific book) that
> has the answer, I will appreciate it if you will send me a quick private
> reply and check one of these possible answers:
>
>  [X] not enough information to diagnose the problem
In /etc/syslog.conf
# uncomment this to enable logging of all log messages to /var/log/all.log
*.*                                             /var/log/all.log
restart syslogd
startx >& startx.log in [t]csh or startx > startx.log 2>&1 in sh
go to text console without exit of X (Ctrl-Alt-F[12...)
ps -axlww > somefile.log
and send me part of /var/log/all.log near the time of start and close windows,
startx.log, somefile.log, `which startx` (it is shell script),
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc and output of
ls -al /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/ /usr/X11R6/bin/X

As far as I understand cursor is moved by mouse when xterms closed?

@BABOLO      http://links.ru/