Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:52:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   WinTV PVR (was: RE: Breakthrough: MPEG-2 hardware for FreeBSD ...)

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Jukka Simil=E4 wrote:

> It's the same chip on Hauppauges cards: Hauppauge PVR has Kfir chip on it=
=2E
> what I'd REALLY like to see is the driver for Hauppauge PVR...

Hi,

since Hauppauge cards seem to be well supported in FreeBSD, and since they
are one of the few vendors mentioning BSD on their website, I thought I'd
give this card (WinTV PVR) a try and bought it today.

The video part works quite good, I can watch some channels with fxtv, but
for some strange reason I don't have any audio output.

The setup looks like this:
WinTV PVR -> line out -> line in of SB PCI 128. (I also tried using an
audio cable like the ones used for connecting CDROM drives to the
soundcard, didn't work either.)

I tried all possible permutations of fxtv options, but still no sound.

Can anyone help me out here?

regards,
le

PS.: I tried this setup in Win98, worked - except for some pops and
crackles when switching channels, I guess this is an IRQ sharing problem.

--=20
Lukas Ertl                          eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
WWW-Redaktion                       Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)    Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universit=E4t Wien